Returning Series to Watch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Whether you’re ready for your favorite sitcom to come back on the air or want a new favorite TV show to binge watch, this fall season is welcoming back some awesome shows that everyone should be watching. Here’s what to look out for when you’re scrolling through the TV guide:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

When it airs: Sundays at 8:30 on FOX

Fresh off two Golden Globe wins and an Emmy nomination, this hilarious comedy follows the lives of Brooklyn detectives. Andy Samberg is hilarious as the show’s lead detective Jake Peralta, and the ensemble cast brings plenty of laughs to the table.

The Walking Dead

When it airs: Sunday October 12th at 9:00 on AMC

Will they escape Terminus? Where is Beth? Who will survive? All these burning questions and more will be answered in the Season 5 premiere of The Walking Dead, which chronicles life after a zombie apocalypse for a group of survivors. Tune in to see how far your favorite characters have come since the first season, and to see which of them will survive or be turned into zombie lunch meat.

The Mindy Project

When it airs: Tuesdays at 9:30 on FOX

Going into its third season, The Mindy Project documents the life of Mindy as an OBGYN trying to find love in New York City. After two seasons of will-they-or-won’t-they romance between her and Dr. Castellano, they are finally a couple, trying to figure out how to balance life as boyfriend and girlfriend with life as co-workers. Whether you want to watch Mindy fall in love or Peter try to find a functional relationship, The Mindy Project is a great ensemble comedy to check out.

American Horror Story: Freakshow

When it airs: Wednesday October 8th at 10:00 on FX

The fourth installment of the acclaimed FX miniseries will tell the story of the last freakshow in the U.S. struggling to survive in a society that views them as outcasts. It will have everything from a bearded woman to a strong man – even a clown killer, who is so horrifying that half of the crew had to leave while his scenes were being filmed. If you’re looking for something extra spooky around Halloween, or are like me and want to see Evan Peters as lobster boy, check out Freakshow!

New Girl

When it airs: Tuesdays at 9:00 on FOX

Off to a great start with an awesome season premiere, New Girl focuses on the lives of friends living together and centers around the sweet and comical Jess, who just broke up with her roommate/best friend Nick. My personal favorite is Schmidt (referring to Nick in an orange jumpsuit as a “homeless pencil” was gold).

Castle

When it airs: Mondays at 10:00 on ABC

After last season’s huge cliffhanger, you have to tune in and follow Beckett as she searches for Castle, who mysteriously disappeared moments before their wedding. Watch to find out how/where/why Castle was taken, and to see one of TV’s best couples (hopefully) finally tie the knot.

Lindsay Marum

Northeastern

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: