This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Sweet Caroline played throughout America’s most beloved ballpark for the first time this year on April 11, 2016 for the Red Sox Opening Day. The first pitch was at 2:05 p.m. The Red Sox played the Orioles but lost 9-7.

To celebrate his final opening day at Fenway Park, David Ortiz was one of people privileged with throwing the first pitch before the game. The left handed player has played for the Minnesota Twins and is finishing his career this year as a member of the Red Sox. He is the designated hitter and batting fourth in the batting line up as clean up hitter.

As of right now, Ortiz is a nine-time All-Star and a three-time World Series Champion. I am a huge Big Papi fan, so I hope he ends his career adding one more to both of those stats making him a ten-time All-Star and leading the Red Sox to another World Series Championship.

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!