This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

I realized recently while clearing out my makeup collection that over half of my beauty products from the past few years are things I first saw on TikTok. So to help you decide what products are worth your money, and hopefully to help me stop myself from buying every single thing I see on TikTok, I will be rating some of the products that TikTok has influenced me to buy:

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter – 6/10 $49.00

I personally really liked this product. It has good coverage; it applies smoothly, and it evens out your skin tone (without looking like you’re wearing foundation.) I think part of the reason I do like it so much though is that, most of the time, my skin is pretty clear; when I break out I tend to use a different foundation. It also lasts a long time. As someone who uses foundation almost everyday, I have been using this for the past six months and still haven’t used it all up. The main issue I have with it is its durability; when I apply this, even if I’m using a setting spray, it will rarely last me through my whole day. I would recommend this product to anyone who has clear skin and is looking for a foundation to give them a more “no-makeup makeup” look.

E.L.F Halo Glow Liquid Filter – 9/10 $14.00

This was advertised to me as a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter, but I actually like it more than the product it’s based on. First of all, this foundation has much higher coverage but not so much coverage that it makes it obvious that you are wearing foundation. It makes you look like you are glowing from within. Once you put it on it is on. I have woken up after forgetting to wipe my makeup off, and it is still evening out my skin tone after over 24 hours of wear. It is also cheaper than the Flawless Filter. The only thing I might change is the applicator; it’s a doe foot, but it collects the product at the tip of it which makes it difficult to get an even coverage and also causes you to use more product than you may need. If you want a foundation that is lighter coverage but you don’t have clear skin, I would recommend this. 

Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa 62 Perfume Mist – 3/10 $38.00

I really wanted to like this product. I love warm and comforting scents, which this definitely is. Even though I do like the scent, after I apply it, the scent only remains for five minutes at the absolute maximum. I do not recommend this product even though it does smell good. For 40 dollars, the scent should last for longer than a couple of minutes.  

Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush – 10/10 $23.00

From the moment I began using this, it became a staple in my makeup routine. I first bought this around two years ago, and since then, I have basically only used this blush. It is highly pigmented and always stays on all day. The product itself lasts a long time; I still haven’t finished the first blush I bought. My only complaint is that it does dry quite quickly, and because it is so pigmented, applying it can be a little difficult because you have to be pretty fast before it sets. 

The Ordinary 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution – 3/10 $9.50

I have tried this product multiple times: I bought it in high school, and I was indifferent to it then. I rebought it this past year, and I discovered I actually really do not like it. It does clear up my skin when I use it, but it hurts so much when I do it. Yes, I do understand that’s the point, but it doesn’t make my skin clear enough to justify the pain. I also have other exfoliants that do the same job without making my face burn, so I do not recommend this.

Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen – $38.00

I have used this sunscreen exclusively for the past two years, and I love it. It doesn’t leave a white cast because it is clear. It applies smoothly, and it doesn’t leave you with a slimy residue on your face after you work it in unlike other sunscreens. I use this as both my sunscreen and my primer, and it works well for both of these tasks. The only downside of this sunscreen is that it is a chemical sunscreen which means instead of using zinc oxide as the main ingredient it uses chemicals like avobenzone. Zinc protects your skin from UV rays, so using a chemical sunscreen protects your skin less.

Glossier You Perfume – 5/10 $68.00

I debated buying this perfume for months, so when I finally did buy it, I really wanted to like it. I don’t mind it, but the scent is not my favorite that I own. The best way I can describe the scent is straight alcohol with a little bit of sweetness and a hint of peppercorn. I’m not saying I don’t like it, I do, but for almost 70 dollars, I want a scent that is a little more complex.

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm – 9/10 $24.00

These lip balms are my current obsession. After buying my first one three months ago, I have bought two more. It is very hydrating, smells good, and when you apply it, it looks like lip gloss. It also lasts a long time: I bought the brown sugar scent in August, and I apply it multiple times a day and I still haven’t run out.

ONE/SIZE On ‘Til Dawn Mattifying Waterproof Setting Spray – 10/10 $32.00

I love this setting spray. The design of the bottle is perfect; unlike a spray bottle which most setting sprays use, the aerosolized can allows for a more even application of the product. Also, it keeps my makeup set; when I wear this, my makeup doesn’t fade at all.  

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey – 1/10 $24.00

I used to have this lipstick when I was a freshman in high school, and I remember loving it. This past year, I rebought it. I am not sure if Clinique changed their formula for this product, but I hated it. It applied very waxy and was not hydrating at all. Another issue I had with it was the pigment; the color didn’t last a long time on my lips, and it did not suit me at all. It is marketed as a boost to your natural lip color, but I felt that it made me look washed out. I am someone who wears almost exclusively dark lip colors, so for me to not like a darker lipstick takes a lot.  

Dior Backstage Flash Protector Concealer – 6/10 $32.00

This is a really well-formulated medium coverage concealer. On my days where my eye bags are very dark, I will use this, and it makes me look very awake. I love the applicator on this product; it is a brush, which means the product won’t get sucked up by the applicator like it does with a doe foot. It doesn’t crease your under eyes, which I love. My only complaint is that, when it is hot, sometimes it will settle into the wrinkles under your eyes. 

Miranda Kerr

Northeastern '26

Miranda is a second year international affairs and political science major. She is passionate about pop culture, films and social justice.