Our Verdict on the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

The leaves are about to turn, boots are back in style, and school is back in the swing of things. Which means everyone’s favorite time of year again: pumpkin spice latte season! Honestly, fall is my favorite season and that Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, affectionately known as the PSL, is probably one of the best parts of the season. It gets me every time. The pumpkin spice chai tea latte, however, is the newest addition to Starbucks’ fall menu.

Courtesy of Olivia Whitfield

In the PSL off season I regularly order a venti iced chai latte, which is a beautiful experience by itself. It has a similar creamy spiciness, similar to the PSL, but it has a little more of a cinnamon, nutmeg kick. Naturally as a lover of the two coffees, I was elated to see it on the menu when I returned to campus.

I’m the type of person that loves a food so much that when I want to try something new, I usually get both at once. For example, at Rebecca’s I order a Niall everyday, but I like the smoked turkey and apple as well so sometimes I just order both and eat half of each and save the other half for later. Being a faithful lover of the classic pumpkin spice latte, I was reluctant to deviate from my normal order of a grande iced PSL no whip. But a couple days ago I tried Starbucks’ new addition. So the question is was it actually good?

Courtesy of Starbucks

Well, imagine your two favorite music artists finally doing a collaboration after years of hoping and that song goes on to win a Grammy. Yeah, it’s that beautiful. Rarely do I have a magical coffee experience, but that first sip of the pumpkin spice chai tea latte made the angels sing. It has the pumpkin flavor but the same cinnamon, nutmeg spices in a smooth, creamy, not excessively sweet body. It’s pure harmony.

11/10 Will drink again.

Olivia is a writer from the Northeastern University chapter of HerCampus. She is from San Francisco, California and loves her hometown with a passion. When she isn't working she enjoys taking SoulCycle classes, exploring Boston, and spending time with her friends.
Laura Moya

Northeastern

Senior Communications and Media and Screen Studies major with a minor in Business Administration at Northeastern University. From Miami, Florida. Avid coffee drinker, TV junkie, travel lover. President and Campus Correspondent at HCNU.