NU Sidewalk Catwalk | Sept. 26

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Fall is finally here, collegiettes!

This is my all-time favorite season; this not-too-hot, but not-too-cold weather is the perfect time to experiment with new outfits before we have to resort to heavy coats and snow boots. It’s time to pack away our flip-flops and strapless shirts, but don’t worry, because this is the time for cute jackets, riding boots, and scarves galore.

Despite the iffy weather and people’s confusion on how to dress, I saw Abagail in one of my classes and loved her outfit – in an 8 a.m., mind you! Her blouse was not only loosely fitted and looked comfortable but the added hanging necklace gave the outfit more of a put-together look.

Her leather bomber jacket is what I loved the most. These jackets are great for the fall because they’re not too warm, but they help on cooler days and give an edgy yet classic look. When in doubt, you can never go wrong with the classic jeans and riding boots. They’re a match made in heaven, really!

This 19-year-old sophomore, majoring in journalism, describes her style as boho-chic.

Here is her look, head-to-toe: leather jacket – Marshall’s, $50; shirt – Alloy.com, around $30; jeans – Citizens of Humanity, around $200; boots – Vince Camuto, $230. Similar looking boots and jeans for less can be found at Macy’s!

Sora Hwang

Northeastern

Sora Hwang, originally from New Jersey, is a journalism major at Northeastern University. On campus, she is involved in the Student Government Association, Northeastern University Figure Skating Club, Haute Fashion (as an editor) and Her Campus Northeastern (as secretary). In any spare time she can manage, she edits pieces for Pink & Black Magazine as its Life Editor and for Mochi Magazine as its Associate Managing Editor. Over summer 2012, she studied documentary filmmaking in Rome and hopes to expand her knowledge in video editing and production. In addition, she loves playing with her puppies, curling up with hot chocolate, and annoying her friends with her indecisiveness.