This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Northeastern is a big school, and it’s easy to get either lost or distracted on campus. No one wants to be the awkward confused freshman (especially if you’re actually a sophomore or above). Follow these tips, and Northeastern will be easy to navigate!

1.    Get the CBORD app. With the app you can get let into your own building, and be signed into friends’ buildings. Now you won’t have to text your roommates 18 times asking for help when you lose your Husky Card!

2.    Don’t go to outtakes anytime after 3 on Fridays unless you have an extra 45 minutes of free time. The line will be insanely long with everyone trying to get rid of last-minute meal swipes.

3.    When it comes to trying to get classes for the next semester, make sure you have AT LEAST three backups. This may seem extreme, but especially in your younger years, you’re going to need all the planning you can get when fighting for classes.

4.    Also, ratemyproffesor.com and the TRACE surveys will help you find the right class and professor.

5.    You will wait for the E line for at least 10 minutes. You will see 4 B and C lines before you will see an E. That’s just the way it goes.

6.    Research where you can buy/rent books for the cheapest price. 9/10 times, it’s not going to be at the bookstore.

7.    January is the worst time to go to Marino. Everyone’s New Year’s resolution is to work out. But don’t fret, 70% of them will be gone by the end of the month.

8.    Get a Charliecard ASAP; it’s cheaper than the disposable Charlietickes and reusable.

9.    Getting the “To-Go” pre-made sandwiches at Rebecca’s is more efficient than waiting in line. It may not be exactly what you want, but it will be close enough.

10. Learn the tunnels! Come January, you’ll hate walking outside.

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: