This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Spring Break is usually associated with beaches, sunbathing, and relaxation. This spring break was not like that at all for me. It started off with my flight to London being cancelled due to the Nor’Easter that hit on Thursday night. Then, when I got to the UK, the weather didn’t seem to want to reflect my joy of being away from school. Here’s a run down of what my “Spring” Break was like.

1. Airport Chaos

Courtesy of Giphy

At around 7am on Thursday morning, I got the notification that my flight for Friday evening had been cancelled. I decided to go to the airport early (aka skip class on Friday) to see if I could get on an earlier flight. It turned out, I wasn’t the only one who thought to do that. I was amongst angry business people, families trying to get home, and worst of all, crying children.

2. Disappointment

Courtesy of Giphy

After waiting in line for about an hour and calling the airline, I realized there was no way I could get on a flight until Saturday evening. A great first day of Spring Break, spent at the airport.

3. London’s welcoming weather

Courtesy of Giphy

Everyone knows about the gloomy weather in London. I’ve been there multiple times during the summer and had great luck with the sun. I guess I was expecting the same thing this time, but I was utterly disappointed. My excitement of being in another country was dampened by the rain. It didn’t feel very much like spring at all.

4. The light of my life

Courtesy of Giphy

Thankfully, my friends from high school were there to make up for the nasty rain. We ate a lot of food and recounted our cringey high school memories.

5. Coming to an end

Courtesy of Giphy

Spring Break seems to be at the perfect time. It provides a breath of fresh air during the semester and even in less-than-ideal conditions, it’s a break that we all deserve. Who’s ready to start counting down to summer break? I know I am.