This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Since midterm week is either coming up or ending for every college student, it’s important to take care of yourself so you feel rejuvenated after the stress! That’s why I’ve crafted this list of suggestions for how you can pick yourself up after weeks of studying and cramming for exams.

First of all, given that we attend Northeastern, we are centered in the heart of the incredible city of Boston. There’s so many places to relax if you’re looking for a quiet night away from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. One of the best places to visit for destressing is a local bookstore. One of my favorites is Pandemonium Books and Games. I stumbled open this cute little bookshop recently and was overjoyed to see they had a diverse range of books, as well as a really cool section on the history of many countries. However, the poetry section was by far my favorite. You can find famous poet’s work for a dollar or less at this shop!

woman reading a book on a couch in a library
Via Seven Shooter on Unsplash

Moving on to food, does the sound of making and eating pasta cheer you up? If so, then you’re in luck, because on Saturday there’s a cooking class in Melrose. A great opportunity to get out, eat food, and explore a new part of Massachusetts! It’s at Seven Hill Pasta Co. from 11am to 1pm. 

From the self-care perspective, a routine that I heavily recommend is getting up early for a morning workout. Get a good ab and core workout in before you start the day! When you’re back home, pick out a cute (but warm) outfit for the extreme cold this season. I think some light-washed jeans with a half-tucked in sweater will add some color to the dullness of the day. 

Unsplash / Bruce Mars
As you probably know, a night out with friends is an ideal way to beat the Lonely Blues if alone time isn’t for you. If you and your friends want to celebrate all the good love in the month of February, consider planning a nice dinner or cozying up with your favorite movies. You could also hit a local club or bar for a night out. Machine Nightclub and Two Saints Tavern are Northeastern student hot spots!

If this weather is getting too much for you, switch up your appearance! Put a face mask on and wash all that exam stress away. Get a haircut or a manicure and get yourself ready for Spring Break. 

Most importantly, celebrate the fact that we are mid-way through the semester and you’ve got this!

Ishani Kapoor

Northeastern '22

A passionate CS and Game Dev nerd who loves for the image of women in science to change! Lover of Books, Yoga and Self Love <3
Sreya is a third-year combined computer science and business major. Prior to being Campus Correspondent/Editor in Chief from 2020-2021, she was an editor for Northeastern's chapter. Besides being part of Her Campus, she's also in HackBeanpot and Scout. She spends most of her free time watching cringy reality shows, scrolling through Twitter, and going to concerts.