This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

So long 2018, it is all about 2019 now! New you, new resolutions, new memories, but most importantly, new music to ring in the new year. 2019 may have just started, but Lana Del Rey already released a new single, hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have- but I have it, giving fans a taste of her new album. Norman F*cking Rockwell is set to release on March 29th. Not too long ago, The 1975 released A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships that sent fans and critics into a frenzy. And soon enough, they are planning on releasing another album as early as May 2019. It’s only the second week of the new year, but we already been blessed with so much good music.

New Music for The New Year:

1. Catfish and the Bottlemen – Longshot

2. Sam Smith – Dancing with A Stranger (with Normani)

3. Lana Del Rey – hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have – but I have it

4. Coin – I want it all

5. Betty who – I remember

6. Girlpool – What Chaos Is Imaginary

7. Stella Donnelly – Old man

8. FIDLAR – By myself

9. Ratboy – DON’T HESITATE

10. Sharon Van Etten – Seventeen

Anticipated Album Releases:

January 18th, 2019

Maggie Rogers – Heard it in a Past Life

January 25th, 2019

Bring Me the Horizon – Amo

February 14th, 2019

Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water

March 1st, 2019

The Japanese House – Good at Falling

Sigrid – Sucker Punch

March 29th, 2019

Lana Del Rey – Norman F*cking Rockwell

May 2019

The 1975 – Notes on a Conditional Form

Victoria Tan

Northeastern '19

Hello! My name is Victoria Tan and I recently graduated from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. During my time there, I double majored in marketing and finance. You would most likely find me wandering through the halls of a musuem, or exploring different neighborhoods. P.S. I am always on the hunt for the best ice cream spots, so let me know if you need recommendations, or have any suggestions!
Nia Beckett

Northeastern '22

Nia is a second-year journalism major with a global fashion studies minor at Northeastern University. She loves Carrie Bradshaw, YouTube, and chai tea lattes. Follow her on Instagram @niashalise_.