This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Part 1: The Morning Prep

To start my day off, I always drink some water and brush my hair. Every morning I wash my face using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, to get my face feeling fresh for the day. Before applying my makeup, I moisturize my skin using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel. I prefer using water-based moisturizers because I have oily skin and creams can get heavy on my face — plus, this one has hyaluronic acid, which is a great benefit!

Part 2: The Daily Makeup 

My goal for my everyday makeup routine is to give the appearance that I had a full eight hours of sleep, and have defined features and even skin tone. After moisturizing, I apply E.L.F. Poreless Primer all over my face. On most days, I use Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade sand to cover my blemishes, dark circles, and red areas. If my skin is having a particularly rough day, I’ll use the Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation for my base. I set the skin using Too Faced Peach Perfect Loose Powder to control my oil throughout the day. To add some color back in my face, I use a dusty peach blush; my favorite is from the Anastasia Beverley Hills Blush Trio in peachy love. I tend to skip highlighter on weekdays except for in my inner corners. To finish off the look, I run Benefit‘s Gimme Brow through my brows to keep them in place and load my lashes with Maybelline‘s Lash Sensational. For lips, I tend to switch it up based on my outfits, but the most common products I use are the Colourpop Lux Lipstick, Fenty Gloss Bomb, and sometimes just Burt’s Bees lip balm. To set my makeup in place I use Flower Beauty Hydrating Setting Spray.

Courtesy of Kelly Chan 

Part 3: The Refresher 

After finishing my morning classes and right before lunch, I do a little makeup refresher. To get rid of some shine, I use blotting papers. I then go over my makeup with some translucent powder. I also spray some Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray to keep my skin feeling hydrated. Then it’s back to class I go. 

Part 4: The Night Prep

After a long day of classes, club meetings, homework, and studying, it’s time to get ready for bed. First things first, I take all the makeup off my face using a cotton pad with some micellar water. I then wash my face using the same daily cleanser to remove any traces of dirt and oil from my skin. Next, I apply Thayers Witch Hazel and Rose Facial Toner. After this, I use a little bit of The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum. The combination of witch hazel and this serum has helped improve my skin texture and irritation by combating acne and balancing oil levels. Finally, I apply my water gel cleanser and call it a night. 

Jessica Brite

Northeastern '23

Jess is a fourth-year journalism major with a double minor in communications and global fashion studies at Northeastern University. Born and raised in NYC Jess enjoys all things fashion, beauty, lifestyle and music!
Nia Beckett

Northeastern '22

Nia is a second-year journalism major with a global fashion studies minor at Northeastern University. She loves Carrie Bradshaw, YouTube, and chai tea lattes. Follow her on Instagram @niashalise_.