This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Now that I’m on co-op, I have preferred listening to podcasts over music during my commute in the morning. Here are a few podcasts I recommend to check out ranging from educational to entertaining!

1. The Daily by The New York Times

A recent recommendation from a friend led me to this podcast. As someone who didn’t have a consistent source for news and current events, this podcast has been helpful in keeping me updated on what’s happening around the world. Not only that, but it also gives me something to talk about with friends or coworkers.

1. Under The Influence

This podcast is my go-to when I’m looking for an entertaining, comfortable listen. The hosts cover a wide range of topics in a manner that is engaging and fun, getting me to think about new topics and new perspectives. It feels like I’m having a conversation with friends and can also serve as inspiration for the next time you want to spark a lighthearted debate with your friends.

1. Superwomen with Rebecca Minkoff

If you’re looking to be inspired, this podcast is for you! The host, Rebecca Minkoff, holds conversations with successful women ranging from CEOs to models to authors. Each episode comes with an inspiring message, motivating you to become the best version of yourself and guiding you on how to confidently navigate the world.

1. Ologies with Alie Ward

When I’m in the mood for something on the educational side, I turn to this podcast. Each episode features a scientific topic and a discussion with a specialist in that field. I always learn something new by the end of the episode and keep some of the things I learned as fun facts to share later.

Paula Chung

Northeastern '25

Paula is a second-year media arts major with a minor in graphic and information design at Northeastern University. She is interested in fashion, music, and beauty.