Midterms Week as Told by the Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Ah, midterms week. The endless hours studying in the library. The blood, sweat, and copious amounts of tears. The constant thought in the back of your mind that you can drop out at any time.

It might not be pretty, but at least we all have to go through it together. Here are some examples of thoughts we’ve all had during midterms week.

When you check your midterm schedule and you can’t believe Northeastern did you this dirty:

Courtesy: Giphy

Two midterms on the same day? Really, Aoun?!

Then, the disbelief quickly turns into panic:

Courtesy: Giphy

*schedules a block of time in my calendar for a panic attack in a Snell cubicle*

When you’ve been studying for so long that words don’t even look like words anymore:

Courtesy: Giphy

When you and your friend are both withering away in Snell, but at least you’re in it together:

Courtesy: Giphy

The deepest bonds are formed through a common enemy.

And then you see your friend whip out some study snacks:

Courtesy: Giphy

Girl, I KNOW you are not about to eat all of those goldfish alone.

When it’s looking like you’re not going to survive midterms week, so you start to get your affairs in order:

Courtesy: Giphy

“…To my dog, I leave everything.”

When you see the first question on the test and you have no idea what’s going on:

Courtesy: Giphy

*cue sassy Jim Halpert look at the camera*

So you look to your friend in your class for help like:

Courtesy: Giphy

“Blink once for A and twice for B”

When there’s an essay question on a topic you know nothing about:

Courtesy: Giphy

Time to test your bullsh*tting skills!

So you just start to make things up as you go:

Courtesy: Giphy

Then, you get so deep into your own nonsense that you have no idea what you’re even writing anymore.

When you finally hand in your last midterm and head for the door:

Courtesy: Giphy

See ya, suckas.  

But not without rubbing it in everyone’s face who’s still taking tests:

Courtesy: Giphy

Oh, you still have midterms? That’s cute.

When you text your friends after you finish your last midterm:

Courtesy: Giphy

Time to celebrate with friends and a drink… or seven.

And finally, when you get your test scores and find out you aced all of them:

Courtesy: Giphy

Trust the process. Leave it all to the night before the test. Binge study. Consider dropping out. Study some more. Toss in a mental breakdown here and there and a splash of tears. Voila! You have an A!

When you realize you have to do this all over again for finals week:

Courtesy: Giphy

Katie Mahoney

Northeastern

You miss 100% of the naps you don't take.