Meet HC Emerson's Sasha Padilla

As part of the Her Campus National Sister Chapter Program, our chapter at Northeastern was given the opportunity to work with Her Campus Emerson as our sister chapter!  We are really excited about this partnership, so to celebrate it, we decided to highlight some members of the Her Campus Emerson team!

Courtesy of Sasha Padilla

Sasha Padilla is a first year Journalism student at Emerson, originally from Los Angeles, California. She enjoys writing, photography, and trying new foods around Boston. To learn more about Sasha and her experience at Emerson, read below!

What made you choose Emerson?

I chose to come to Emerson because of the amazing Journalism program they have. I came here with hopes to gain real, hands on experience, improve my writing, be challenged, and create connections to help me push towards my future career as a journalist.

Image result for emerson college boston                                                                                                                   Courtesy of Travelgoat

What has been your favorite class so far at Emerson?

I’m currently a freshman so I haven’t experienced that many classes yet, but so far I love my digital journalism class. My professor, Cindy Rodriguez, pushes us to get outside the classroom and report on newsworthy events/issues in the Boston area which I find is helping me strengthen my writing and reporting skills as I’m progressing throughout the year.

What is your favorite college memory so far?

Making friends with a great group of people that I get to joke and be dorky around.

Image result for spongebob laughing gif                                                                                                                    Courtesy of Tenor

What would you like to do after you graduate?

I hope to land a great job after I graduate, and that I leave Emerson happy and content with where I’ll be at in life (I know, super cheesy, but it’s the truth).

Any advice for incoming Emerson students?

Don’t be afraid to try new things. You never know what may spark new interests.

Top 3 words to describe Emerson:

Liberal, artsy, driven

Favorite movie?

This is so hard! There’s so many good/bad but great movies to choose from... I would have to say The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Image result for nightmare before christmas giphy                                                                                                                 Courtesy of Giphy

Favorite song?

Again, I love music and I don’t have a specific song at the moment, so one band I’ve been obsessed with is The Smith’s.

Image result for the smiths gif                                                                                                                  Courtesy of Giphy

Favorite place in Boston?

Hanover Street (the little Italy in Boston) because of all the great foodie spots.

Image result for cannoli giphy                                                                                                                     Courtesy of Giphy

Anything else you want us to know?

I’m a huge foodie! I love trying new places (if I have the money haha) and especially writing about it. I recently got added to the Spoon University team at Emerson so I’ll be writing for them soon which is very exciting and gives me even more of a reason to try new places in Boston!

Love photography (I haven’t been doing it as much, but I’m looking forward to getting back into it very soon).

Image result for photography giphy                                                                                                                     Courtesy of Giphy

It was awesome learning about you Sasha, can’t wait to see what amazing article you will write next!