Meet HC Emerson’s Allison Sambucini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

As part of the Her Campus National Sister Chapter Program, our chapter at Northeastern was given the opportunity to work with Her Campus Emerson as our sister chapter!  We are really excited about this partnership, so to celebrate it, we decided to highlight some members of the Her Campus Emerson team!

Courtesy of Allison Sambucini

Meet Allison Sambucini:

She may only be a freshman, but is already a triple threat as she pursues writing, literature, and publishing at Emerson College. Allison is originally from New Jersey, but is excited to call Boston her home for the next four years.

Name: Allison Sambucini

Year: Freshman

Major: Writing, Literature and Publishing

Why did you join Her Campus + favorite memory of Her Campus Emerson?

I just joined Her Campus this semester after seeing it at our org fair. It seemed like a great opportunity to polish my writing skills, explore topics I was passionate about, and be a part of a hardworking team. I love being part of this chapter! My favorite memory was the excitement of seeing my first article published and getting to share it with my family and friends.

What are you involved in at Emerson?

I’m concentrating in publishing, so I enjoy being part of literary magazines on campus. You can find me reading for the Emerson Review and Concrete, editing for Generic and Wilde Press, and discussing the latest in books at Emerson Reads YA.

Favorite Class at Emerson:

I love my fiction writing class this semester, because it has helped me grow so much as a writer and work on editing pieces from my peers. It’s definitely a class that gets you out of your comfort zone.

Favorite Spot on Campus:

Although this isn’t really our campus, I love being right across the street from Boston Common because it’s fun to just hang out and do homework or take a nice walk. But specifically on campus, you can usually find me hanging out in a residence hall common room with my friends, catching up on homework or the latest TV show that we’ve been obsessed with.

Favorite thing about Emerson:

I love the creativity and passion here. There’s always a show to see, concert to attend, or publication to read. The people here are so invested in their future, and it inspires me to always work hard for what I want to achieve in my time here. Plus, there’s so many opportunities to gain experience in the field you want to go into, and Emerson really helps you prepare for your future.

Favorite place to eat in Boston:

I love the restaurant Rock Bottom. Macaroni and cheese is my guilty obsession and Rock Bottom has some of the best I’ve ever had.

Favorite store to shop at:

I’ve become so obsessed with Primark since I’ve gotten to Boston. They have so many different styles and their prices are perfect for a typical broke college student like myself. I’m so happy that Her Campus does events with Primark so I can have another excuse to shop there!

Most inspirational female:

I’m really inspired by my two older sisters, who I’m lucky to call my best friends. They’ve always been there for me and helped me with anything I needed. I admire all the hard work they’ve done and the successes they’ve been able to achieve.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I’d love to spend some time living in Europe. I’ve never traveled abroad, so there’s a lot of mystery and appeal surrounding it for me. I’ve always been fascinated with Italy in particular and it’s one of my lifetime goals to learn the language and be able to at least visit the country.

If you could change any aspect of the world, what would it be?

I wish I could make the world more open-minded. I dream of a world where everyone can be treated as equals regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.

Top three favorite artists/bands:

I love Marina and the Diamonds, Halsey, and Imagine Dragons, just to name a few!

Victoria Tan

Northeastern '19

Hello! My name is Victoria Tan and I recently graduated from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. During my time there, I double majored in marketing and finance. You would most likely find me wandering through the halls of a musuem, or exploring different neighborhoods. P.S. I am always on the hunt for the best ice cream spots, so let me know if you need recommendations, or have any suggestions!
Laura Moya

Northeastern

Senior Communications and Media and Screen Studies major with a minor in Business Administration at Northeastern University. From Miami, Florida. Avid coffee drinker, TV junkie, travel lover. President and Campus Correspondent at HCNU.