Meet the E-board: Lauren Spinella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Position:
Vice President

Where are you from?
I was born and raised in North Providence, Rhode Island.

Major/minor
I’m a Journalism major.

How long have you been involved in Her Campus?
This is my second semester with Her Campus.

What made you decide to get involved in Her Campus?
Being a transfer student, and this being my first year, I went to the activities fair in September and saw the Her Campus table and thought it’d be a great fit for me!

What do you like to do in your spare time?
Coming from a huge Italian family, I love spending time with my family and friends. I also work at a store on Newbury St. and just started an internship back home at a local magazine.

What are you favorite things about NU/Boston?
I love how historic Boston is. Transferring from a school in New York City, Boston is so much more comfortable and laid-back, but still offers so many fun things to do and places to see. I love Northeastern because it doesn’t feel like you’re in a city when you’re on campus.

What is your dream job?
I would love to work for a magazine like Cosmopolitan or a wedding magazine like The Knot. I also love to organize and plan things so I would love to be a wedding planner someday.

Any other random info readers should know?
I’m really obsessed with country music and I secretly wish I lived in the South!

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!