Looking for Motivation? Check Out These Podcast Episodes About Inspiring Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

There are days when we all fall into a slump, stuck in the daily grind of day in and day out. It makes it is so easy to forget about the passions that drive and motivate us. But these motivations are so important! It is what keeps us going during tough times, but sometimes, this passion be a difficult thing to find.

Next time you find yourself stuck searching for motivation and are in need of a pick-me-up, try listening to one of these podcast episodes about inspiring women.

Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso

Sophia Amoruso, the founder of Nasty Gal and author of #GirlBoss, interviews other inspiring women who have left a mark in their industries on her podcast. They share their stories and advice in a casual and genuine way that’ll inspire you to make your goals a reality.

Recommended episode:

Emily Chang- Emmy-Award Winning Journalist & Author of Brotopia

In this episode, Emily Chang dives into her personal career path, how she advocates for having more women in technology and the critical impact women can make in the field.

Stuff Mom Never Told You

This podcast dives into issues that women are facing today and gives a research-based approach when discussing issues and solutions.

Recommended episode:

The Secret History of International Women’s Day

This episode explores the history behind International Women’s Day in the U.S. and how it is about so much more than just a social media moment.

How I Built This

Guy Raz dives into the stories behind the founders of some groundbreaking and innovative companies. Listeners are able to learn about the risks, hardships and rewards that these founders have gone through to make their company to what it is today.

Recommended episode:

Away: Jen Rubio

In this episode, Jen Rubio, the founder of the lifestyle and travel brand Away, talks about her unique career path and how she found her passion in her career.

Radio Cherry Bomb

This podcast focuses on talking to creative and inspiring women in the food industry. These women share their stories and the path that they have taken to get them to where they are today.

Recommended episode:

Christina Tosi

In this episode, Christina Tosi, the founder of Milk Bar, talks about her creative process for creating new recipes as well as the company culture that she fosters.

These are just a few of the great female-focused podcasts that are out there. Now it’s time for you to get inspired!

Emily Pillay

Northeastern '22

Emily is a first year at Northeastern University studying computer science and cognitive psychology. Hobbies of hers include sipping earl grey tea, going on long walks, and experimenting with makeup.