This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Kristina Bennett
Hometown: Northfield, Vermont
Major: Chemical Engineering

How did you get into doing a capella and modeling?
I just like singing. I’ve been singing for a while. I’ve always been into musical theatre and I’ve been in chorus for a while. I figured I might as well try out because I had nothing to lose. The first few groups I auditioned for, I got rejected from. So the next day, I thought I wasn’t going to get into anything, but I just went for it. And now here I am!

As for modeling, my friend Hope was like, “Hey, do you want to model?” And I said, “Sure.”

What has been the most rewarding part about being in Treble on Huntington?
Not having to stop singing after high school. I have a roommate and the walls are pretty thin, so I can’t just sing whenever I want. But the four hours during the week that I get to sing with a bunch of people who also love to sing is so awesome!

How do you balance school work and and performing?
I do a lot of homework on the weekends so I don’t have to stress about anything during the week. And I try to do my homework during the day so I don’t have to worry about it at night or on days when we have performances.

What advice would you give to freshmen about making the most out of their NU experience?
Don’t get freaked out by the sheer volume of the people that go to this school. That stops you from making friends. I know I got freaked out when I first got here!

What are you favorite things to do in Boston?
I love getting lost! I love finding a neighborhood and walking around for a while. Exploring Boston is so much fun.

Any post-graduation plans?
I’m going to buy a beach house! I also want to go to grad school and Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.

Hope Oje

Northeastern

My name is Hope and I'm a Communication Studies major. I chose to be a Communication Studies major because I love learning about different media and how each type affects the audience in a different way. Also, this major puts me on the path toward a publishing job, which is important to me. I was born in Oakland, California and raised in Richmond, California, but I've lived in South Jersey for the past five years. Some of my interests include playing tennis, watching tennis, and spending time with my friends and family.
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!