Kelly Wallace, winner of October’s I AM A HUSKY award

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Northeastern University Student Government Association is pleased to announce the Kelly Wallace as the October winner of the I AM A HUSKY Award. She has been selected as the first ever recipient of the award for her service to the community, dedication to her studies and her commitment to Northeastern’s women’s ice hockey team. As president of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Wallace has established partnerships with Playworks Metro Boston, a local charity that works with middle school aged children to promote healthy lifestyles and decrease bullying as well as Team Impact, a national charity that matches terminally ill children with collegiate athletic teams. Wallace excels in the classroom, serving as a role model for other students in the College of Professional Studies. As a starter for the women’s ice hockey team, Wallace is admired by her teammates and coaches for her dedication to the team on and off the ice.

As a recipient of the I AM A HUSKY Award, Wallace will receive campus wide recognition including an announcement at the homecoming men’s ice hockey game on November 15th. She will also receive a prize package including gift cards to vendors across the city such as the Northeastern University Bookstore, Qdoba, J.P. Licks, Conor Larkin’s, Boloco, Wagamama, Johnny Cupcakes, TGIFriday’s, Boardwalk Properties and several more.

Nominations for November I AM A HUSKY Award candidates will begin this week. Those interested in nominating a deserving undergraduate classmate may do so at the Northeastern University Student Government Association website http://www.sga.neu.edu/give-feedback/i-am-a-husky-award/ by completing an easy and simple survey. 

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!