Jeans for that Junk-in-the-Trunk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

I hate jeans shopping. If you’re like me, you go into a store and take about 20 pairs of pants into the dressing room, only to find that one’s too big in the waist, one gaps in the back, or one won’t even go up past your hips. If any of this sounds familiar, you may carry around that extra accessory that I like to call the junk in the trunk.

It’s a challenge for girls like us to find that pair of jeans with the perfect fit, so if you’ve been searching for denim that fits both you and your booty, check out these styles!

Joe’s Jeans Honey Jean
– $169.00
Joe’s curvy bootcut jean has eight different washes to choose from this season, from white or black to dark rinse or distressed. The softness of the fabric and higher rise allows for better comfort and coverage whether you’re headed to class or out on the weekend.
Find them at: National Jean Company, Newbury St.

J.Crew Matchstick Jean
– $98.00
With variety of washes and a stretch-cotton fit, the Matchstick jean is an almost universally flattering cut. The bigger rear pockets and straight leg cut balance out a larger behind; these will become your number one go-to jean!
Find them at: J.Crew, Copley Place

Levi’s Modern Supreme Curve Skinny Jean
– $68.00
Levi’s Curve ID line caters to women with curvy bottoms, designed to eliminate the gaping and other common issues big-bootied girls often face with jeans. These skinnies have more than enough room in the behind, while still keeping a sleek and streamlined cut through the leg.
Find them at: Levi’s, Newbury St.

J Brand 814 Mid-Rise Cigarette Jean
– $180.00
The higher rise on J Brand’s stretch cigarette jean allows for fuller coverage in the back–no gaping or slipping here! The back pockets are larger and closer together, which combined with the straight-leg cut, creates a slimming effect; what’s not to love!?
Find them at: Neiman Marcus, Copley Place

Gap 1969 Mid-Weight Curvy Skinny Jean – $69.95
From Gap’s curvy line, these skinny jeans allow for extra room in the rear, as well as having a thicker waistband to help avoid gaping. The dark wash is slimming through the hips, making these a great go-to jean.
Find them at: Gap, Copley Place

I'm a 20 something journalism major at Northeastern University and Campus Correspondent for HerCampus NU. When I'm not writing, I'm working in public relations and am the PR and Promotions Director for WRBB Radio 104.9FM Northeastern's Radio Station and the Public Relations Director for my sorority.