Introducing our new E-board: Treasurer Clare Coughlan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Clare Coughlan

Major/minor: I’m a journalism major with history and urban studies minors.

Where are you from? I’m from northern Kentucky, near Cincinnati.

How long have you been involved in Her Campus? I’ve been involved in Her Campus since second semester of my freshman year. I’m a middler now, so about a year and a half.

What made you decide to get involved in Her Campus? My freshman year, the Her Campus president at the time came to talk to one of my journalism classes and I kind of joined on a whim. I’ve gotten more involved since then – last year I was secretary and now I’m treasurer!

What do you like to do in your spare time? Hang out with my friends. I hate it when people say that in interviews because it’s so vague! But that’s really what I’m doing most of the time! Oh, and I’m trying to teach myself how to cook. I’m making stuffed shells tonight.

What is your favorite thing about Boston? People from Boston have so much pride for their city. Even though I’ve only lived here for two years, it feels like a lot longer, and that Boston pride has definitely rubbed off on me.

What is your dream job? I wish I knew!

Any other random information readers should know? I just got back from a Dialogue to Jordan! I loved it and definitely plan on going abroad again soon. I think everyone should study abroad.

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!