Introducing our new E-board: Co-Correspondent Julienne Dumas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Julienne Dumas

Major/Minor: Political Science with a Minor in Law and Public Policy and a concentration in Law and Legal Issues

How long have you been involved in Her Campus? I have been involved with her campus since the begininng of the year! I joined my second semester at Northeastern.

What made you decide to get involved? I wanted to get involved with Her Campus because I found myself constantly being distracted by the great articles on both the national website and the Northeastern website. I was hoping to get involved as a writer and did, and then found myself excited to pursue a leadership role that I am really excited to embrace.

What do you like to do in your spare time? In my share time when I’m not studying I like to explore Boston with my friends. I’m from a small town so moving to a city has been really
exciting. I’m really into trying new activities, last semester I took Ballet classes in Cambridge for fun and I’m always looking to expand on my photography skills.

When did you transfer to NU? I transferred to Northeastern last year as an entering sophomore.

How do you feel about NU? I love NU ! I love how unlike many schools in cities Northeastern has a central campus and a real sense of community which was something I was really looking for when I made the transition from the middle of nowhere to Boston. I also love the abundance of student organizations offered on campus. There really is something for everyone to be a part of. Plus our school colors are pretty awesome.

What is your dream job? Ahhhh, actually working full time in the real world is pretty far off for me since I am planning on attending Law School. As of right now I would love to work as an attorney specializing in Intellectual Property Law ( Copyrights and Trademarks even more specifically) in the fashion industry.

Picture above: Her Campus Co-correspondent Julienne Dumas and Her Campus VP at Norheastern student fair. 

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!