Husky in the Spotlight: Lamar Letts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Lamar Letts

Year: Junior

Major: DMSB: Marketing & Finance

Hometown: Brooklyn, New York

While most Northeastern students start their careers off with a co-op at an existing company, Lamar Letts decided to turn his business idea into his career. After years of fueling through high-sugar energy drinks with lots of chemicals for track and then dealing with a health problem because of it, Lamar decided to take matters into his own hands. He developed a natural, healthy and sustainable energy drink to provide athletes and fitness-focused individuals with a better option for their bodies while still providing them with necessary electrolytes. This drink is called Hylux. According to its Kickstarter page, Hylux provides the same amount of vitamins and electrolytes no matter what the drink flavor is, unlike VitaminWater and other drinks that vary by flavor and may not be as helpful as they seem.

Hylux is only 80 calories per bottle. It contains four different electrolytes, more potassium than a banana (which is great after running) and is even certified by Wholefoods! It also does not have artificial coloring the way other sports drinks do. Hylux comes in three flavors: Berry Mix, Lemon Lime and Strawberry Kiwi. A few HC members have tried Strawberry Kiwi before and it is really good! I personally had it after doing an hour long session at the UFC gym and it really did make me feel reenergized!

Developing Hylux has taught Lamar a lot about supply chain management and what goes into creating a product. He is very devoted to finding the best prices and the best quality. That is why he launched a Kickstarter last week to raise money for better packaging. His goal is to raise $10,000. He has already raised over $4,000.

If interested, for $10, you can try two bottles of Hylux and support a fellow NU student on Kickstarter. In addition, 3% of all proceeds from Hylux sales go to Water.org, which focuses on providing clean water for citizens of developing countries. You can also try Hylux at Wollaston’s after a workout in Marino if you want to test the product before donating to the cause. Check out his Kickstarter here!

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (:
Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!