Husky In The Spotlight: Celeste Fields

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Celeste Fields

Year: Second year

Major: Marketing

Hometown: West Orange, New Jersey

What are you involved with on campus? How do those involvements help you feel empowered/empower others?     

I’m on Stepping On Another Level (SOAL), Northeastern’s only step team, a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, a LEGACY mentor, and a part of the Northeastern Black Student Association (NBSA). All these organizations allow me to find out more about myself, challenge myself to continuously step outside the box, and try something new and different. 

Tell us about your co-op. Are there a lot of women in the workplace?     

I work in the Marketing department at Hearts On Fire, a diamond company in downtown Boston. At my co-op, I mostly work with e-commerce, construct consumer emails, work with the weekly newsletter, analyze data, etc. Ironically enough, there’s more women who work at my job than there are men, and the workplace environment is so warm and welcoming. 

What’s one piece of advice you would give to all the girls who are reading?     

No matter who you are, what you do, where you go, you will always get questioned on what you are capable of doing. It’s honestly just the world that we live in right now. But to any girl who is reading this: Don’t stop pursuing your dreams. Don’t let ANYONE take you off track. Don’t stop loving what you do. Don’t stop loving YOU. Follow your dreams, do whatever you want to do in life, prove whoever doubted you wrong. 

What does empowerment mean to you?   

Empowerment is being able and having the confidence to become more in tune with yourself, knowing what you’re passionate about and even doing what you love without worrying about what other people may think of you.   

Dana Dworkin

Northeastern

Hi girls! I'm Dana, I'm a CC at HC Northeastern, and I love to write about greek life, fashion, beauty, on-campus happenings, etc.