danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Husky in the Spotlight: Alex Ginnerty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Alex Ginnerty

Major: Finance and Accounting

Year: Senior (Graduating December 2016)

Hometown: McLean, VA

Favorite Place in Boston: Charles River Esplanade

Favorite Place on Campus: 4th Floor of Snell Library

Favorite classes taken while at Northeastern: Organizational Behavior with Professor Gregory-Mina & Alternative Investments at the London School of Economics

What are you involved in on campus?

I play the alto saxophone in the Northeastern Wind Ensemble and am on an intramural volleyball team and a broomball team. Currently, I spend most of my time on campus as a co-op peer mentor. I assist business students preparing for their first co-op by developing resumes, sharing advice, and answering individual questions they have about the co-op process.

What are some of your past co-ops:

1. Fund Accounting at BNY Mellon

2. Financial Analyst – Private Wealth Management at a Large Investment Bank

3. Investment Research and Operations at a Small Hedge Fund

Best piece of advice you’ve received: You never know if you don’t try.

Advice to freshmen: Take advantage of Northeastern’s network. Northeastern is unique in that it has many opportunities for students to attend employer events and connect with students who have had all kinds of different experiences.

Something you regret not doing at northeastern: I regret not being more involved in the many clubs Northeastern has to offer.

Favorite musician/band/composer: M83, Coldplay, and Bach (Yes, I do listen to classical music)

Fun fact:  I am a colorblind triplet. I have two sisters, and I actually found out I was colorblind in 3rd grade when I went to a 4th of July party wearing orange, purple, and white…

Dream Job: Portfolio Manager

Other Interesting things accomplished while at Northeastern: I was an orientation leader. I also studied abroad at the London School of Economics and volunteered with a small non-profit across South Africa.

Victoria Tan

Northeastern '19

Hello! My name is Victoria Tan and I recently graduated from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. During my time there, I double majored in marketing and finance. You would most likely find me wandering through the halls of a musuem, or exploring different neighborhoods. P.S. I am always on the hunt for the best ice cream spots, so let me know if you need recommendations, or have any suggestions!