Hungry — and broke.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Most college students love to go out—whether it is to the movies, a show, a restaurant for dinner, or a bar to grab a drink (or three).

If you’re anything like me, you like to do all of these things.

And if you’re even more like me, you also have limited funds to enjoy all of the wonderful options Boston and the venues surrounding Northeastern campus has to offer.

For the reasons mentioned above, we’ve compiled a list of some of the neighborhood’s best deals to keep your wallet (and stomach) from going empty.

Happy bargain hunting!

Conor Larkin’s

Conor Larkin’s is a trick of all trades. Not only it is acceptable to go there on any night of the week, but there are also plenty of cheap options available all the time. Pitchers of Rolling Rock are always $8 (you can upgrade to Bud Light for just $2 extra), and for the hard partiers, the ‘Shot of the Week’ is just $4.50. As far as food specials go, lunch combos of soup or salad and a half sandwich are available for $5.99 daily, and from 4-7p.m. there’s appetizer happy hour featuring six different apps priced under $5.

Our House East
Our House is the place everyone goes after 1a.m.—if they are drunk enough, and can beat the line. However, if you go during normal, more sober happy hour times, you’ll be able to find some pretty sweet deals. On Mondays, you can get wings for just $.25 each, and Tuesdays are ‘Pitcher and Pizza Night’ featuring a $2 one-topping pizza with each pitcher purchase. On weekdays, the “Hungry Hour” menu has appetizer options for just $3.95, and if you’re looking for a steal, you can get $1 burgers on Sundays.

Penguin Pizza

In addition to their amazing selection of pizza and beer, Monday nights are “Wing Nights” at Penguin, featuring $.15 wings. It’s generally a little more expensive than Our House, but definitely worth the walk to the Hill.

An Tua Nua
Thursday nights are $1 beer nights at An Tua Nua. Yes, you have to pay the $5 cover to get inside, but once you’re in you’ll be double-fisting Miller High Life’s all night long–just try not to spill them all over the dance floor. Partiers be warned: get there before 10:30p.m. because this bar (and great deal!) fills up fast.

Symphony 8
On Tuesdays, Symphony 8 has trivia with $50 cash prize for first place and $20 for second place. You may not win, and you may not even get any answers right, BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t play! Symphony 8 also has an $8 specialty menu, along with rotating weekly deals that can be found on their Facebook page. This week, Friday, March 16 will feature half-priced appetizers from 1-6p.m., and Saturday will have “surprise specials” all day long for St. Patrick’s Day. Be sure to wear your green!

McFadden’s

On most Thursday and Friday evenings McFadden’s has “happy hours,” for select “winners”–but these prices are available to anyone entering the bar. So you don’t have to rely on your friends “winning” to get good deals! Select beers like PBR are just $3, while house mixed drinks remain a little pricey. McFadden’s is a great place to meet up with friends if you want to avoid a cover but still feel the hustle and bustle of downtown Boston.

Whiskey’s Bar & Grill
Even though it’s a lot more fun to hit up Boylston on a weekend night, Whiskey’s has half-priced appetizers from 4-7p.m. on weekdays, and $10 wings all night at the bar. The bar won’t be nearly as crowded as it can get, but at least you’ll save a couple bucks!

Groupon Now! Deals
If none of these places appeal to you or you feel like trying somewhere new, check out Boston Now! deals on Groupon. While you can find great deals to places like Penguin Pizza, Symphony Sushi and more, there’s a catch: you have to use the voucher that very day, so it’s kind of hard to plan in advance. Nevertheless, you can still save some money. So be on the lookout!

What are your favorite deals in Boston? Comment and let us know!

I'm a 20 something journalism major at Northeastern University and Campus Correspondent for HerCampus NU. When I'm not writing, I'm working in public relations and am the PR and Promotions Director for WRBB Radio 104.9FM Northeastern's Radio Station and the Public Relations Director for my sorority.