jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Stay Productive Throughout the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

1. Get a planner – scheduling your day-to-day routine keeps you on track.

2. Eat foods that are good for you – cheat once a week… I promise it’s healthy!

3. Exercise – whether it’s yoga, pilates or a quick cardio session, getting your heart rate up and moving your body helps.

4. Early to bed and early to rise – try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.

5. Remove all distractions when trying to study – TV, phone, music, people… do whatever it takes to get your head in the game.

6. Give yourself breaks – just like your body, your mind needs a breather too.

7. Stay organized and tidy (clean space = clean mind) – it will make you instantly want to be productive in any way or form.

8. Catch up with friends or family whenever you can – don’t disregard having a social life! It’s important to relax and enjoy every now and then.

9. Ask professors or TAs right away if you are struggling – you are paying them for a reason. Their job is to make sure you don’t fail, so it’s your decision to step up and get their assistance.

10. Get a hobby – Try something new to keep you occupied and entertained so that your life doesn’t revolve around eating, sleeping, studying and repeat.

Rehab Asif

Northeastern '20

Hi, My name is Rehab and I'm a junior at Northeastern University! I'm a Media and Screen Studies major with a minor in Experience Design. Live, Love & Laugh is the motto I always preach!
Nia Beckett

Northeastern '22

Nia is a second-year journalism major with a global fashion studies minor at Northeastern University. She loves Carrie Bradshaw, YouTube, and chai tea lattes. Follow her on Instagram @niashalise_.