Recently, Brandon Stanton, the founder of Humans of New York (HONY), posted a scathing public letter on his Facebook page and Twitter account addressed to Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.

Courtesy of Facebook

The letter was shared around 900,000 times on Facebook and retweeted more than 30,000 times since it was posted on March 14th. Almost immediately, it elicited a strong response from HONY’s supporters many of whom left comments approving the letter.

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

Throughout his campaign, Trump has called for “the complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the country, labeled Mexicans as “rapists,” and promoted violence at his rallies with statements that included encouraging his audience to “hit back” at protesters. Due to these quotes, other journalists and even news organizations have also spoken out against Trump, including the Huffington Post and the New York Daily News.

Courtesy of PBS

Xandie Kuenning is the Career Editor at Her Campus and a graduate of Northeastern University with a Bachelor's in International Affairs and minors in Journalism and Psychology. She is an avid traveler with a goal to join the Travelers' Century Club. When not gallivanting around the world, she can be found reading about fairytales or Eurasian politics, baking up a storm, or watching dangerous amounts of Netflix. Follow her on Instagram @AKing1917 and on Twitter @XKuenning.