alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Homecoming Comedian Donald Glover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Mark your calendars for November 16th because the Council for University Programs (CUP) and the Student Alumni Association (SAA) are hosting Donald Glover at Matthews Arena as the Homecoming comedian!

Here’s what you should know about him: The funny man, Donald McKinley Glover was born in Edwards Air Force Base in California and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. In Atlanta, he studied drama and playwriting. He attended NYU and majored in Dramatic Writing. Glover was even hired as a staff writer for “30 Rock” while he was still in school, studying and working as an RA.

He is most commonly known for his role as Troy on the NBC comedy “Community,” but he is also a rapper and stand-up comedian. Under the stage-name “Childish Gambino,” Glover has produced songs such as “Bonfire” and “Heartbeat.” He is also one of the founders of “DERRICK Comedy.” In 2010, he even received the first-ever Rising Comedy Star of the Year Award at the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal!

Check out some of his stuff and get ready for Donald Glover, Northeastern!

Hope Oje

Northeastern

My name is Hope and I'm a Communication Studies major. I chose to be a Communication Studies major because I love learning about different media and how each type affects the audience in a different way. Also, this major puts me on the path toward a publishing job, which is important to me. I was born in Oakland, California and raised in Richmond, California, but I've lived in South Jersey for the past five years. Some of my interests include playing tennis, watching tennis, and spending time with my friends and family.
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!