Harry\'s House - One Night Only Concert
Harry\'s House - One Night Only Concert
Jessica Brite

Harry Styles welcomes fans to ‘Harry’s House’ for ‘One Night Only’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Harry Styles turned UBS Arena into his house, kicking off his newest era in music in the same place he ended the last. 

A mere 18 hours after Harry Styles’ highly anticipated third studio album was released at midnight, doors opened at UBS Arena in Long Island, NY on Friday. Fans traveled from all over the country to celebrate Harry’s House for the special concert where Styles performed the album “the way it was intended”—with the set list running from track 1 straight through to track 13.

Despite braving long entry lines in the pouring rain, fans packed into the arena with buzzing excitement. While they shopped for merchandise and food, took photos at setup stations and met up with friends, Styles’ music from all three of his albums were played overhead. 

With the house seats quickly filled and anticipation running high, house lights dimmed at 9 p.m. and cheers erupted. Styles’ entrance sure felt like he was welcoming the crowd into his home, as a curtain—which previously hid the entire stage from view—dropped. It revealed a simple black stage with a house-shaped light, mimicking the minimal design found on the show merch. 

The modern day superstar, clad in a heart patterned tee and leather pants, opened with “Music For a Sushi Restaurant,” a funky upbeat song that got the crowd up and jumping. After taking in the crowd, the singer continued through the tracklist with the equally vocally smooth tracks “Late Night Talking” and “Grapejuice.” 

Next, the singer jumped into the album’s chart-topping single “As It Was,” that had fans screaming out the lyrics they had so clearly memorized since the song’s release in April. Of course, Styles did the dance from the music video, gaining a resounding cheer from adoring fans. 

Mid-way through the show, Styles checked in with the crowd asking “Are you enjoying the album so far?” to which he received an overwhelming response of claps, whistling and the expected “I love you” shouts. From his undeniable wide smile and “Thank God” response, it was clear Styles was nervous about the release, but in awe of the audience’s receptiveness.

The album features a solid mix of upbeat songs, like “Satellite’” which fans started a mosh pit for, and heartfelt tunes, like “Matilda” which had a handful of fans tearing up at the emotional lyrics. 

“Daydreaming” and “Daylight” were for sure crowd favorites, with lyrics for those songs being sung out loudly despite only being out for a few short hours. 

Styles jokingly commented “But how?” when the audience confirmed they already knew a majority of the lyrics to the 13 tracks that dropped at midnight.

“Cinema” is also sure to be a live show favorite as the charismatic singer hyped up the crowd, saying “jump, jump” before singing out the song’s final chorus—much like he did with “Treat People With Kindness” last tour.  

Throughout the show, Styles was filled with gratitude, thanking his collaborators and team for all of their help and support—including guitarist Mitch Rowland, producer Kid Harpoon and Sony’s Rob Stringer. 

After rounding out his performance of Harry’s House in its entirety, Styles returned to the stage for an encore—featuring some of his best hits off of Fine Line and Harry Styles. The former band member also sang “the first song [he] ever released,” the classic “What Makes You Beautiful” which had the crowd so loud it was almost hard to hear Styles. 

“One Night Only” wrapped up with a second encore, performing “As It Was” for a second time, taking in all the love as he danced his way across the stage for the final time of the night, letting the crowd take the lead on singing.

Styles exited blowing kissed to the crowd, thanking them saying “It’s been the best night of my life.”

Following the European leg of ‘Love On Tour 2022’ this spring/summer, Styles and the tour will return to New York in August for a set of shows at the iconic Madison Square Garden.

Harry’s House—which surpassed 97 million first day streams on Spotify—is available for streaming on Spotify and Apple Music.

Jessica Brite

Northeastern '23

Jess is a fourth-year journalism major with a double minor in communications and global fashion studies at Northeastern University. Born and raised in NYC Jess enjoys all things fashion, beauty, lifestyle and music!