Green Your Back To School Routine With Garnier

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

School is back in session and we’ve all adapted our beauty routines to fit into the confined spaces of our dorms. A lot of us are also on the hunt for natural products to add to our routines that will take better care of our skin and hair.

Garnier was amazing enough to give away mini back-to-school beauty packages. Their products are not only designed to take care of our skin and hair using natural ingredients, but they are also offered in eco-friendly packaging.

Each boxed set contained a micellar cleansing water bottle, four hair masks and a rose water facial mist. We tried some of their sustainable beauty products for you and have all the details below.

Meet Your Reviewers

Katya

Skin Type: Oily, Clear

Hair Type: Oily, Curly, Thick, Frizzy

Nia

Skin Type: Combination, not acne prone

Hair Type: Dry, kinky, thick

Micellar Cleansing Water

Katya

Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing Water worked wonders for my mascara clad lashes. I didn’t have to apply pressure or harshly rub my lashes for the product to come out; the makeup simply melted away with a few swipes. The product also smells natural and not like chemicals or rubbing alcohol, and my skin didn’t burn after application like it does with other micellar waters. The packaging is cute and convenient with its pop-off cap, and it avoids over pour with its squeezing function. I will definitely be adding this step to my nighttime routine.

Nia

I don’t wear too much makeup, but this cleansing water took off my eyeliner and mascara with ease. I really liked that there wasn’t a strong smell at all. In addition (aside from the fact that I used way too much and had to use a napkin), I didn’t feel the overwhelming urge to rinse my face off afterwards. There was no oily residue, which my skin really appreciated. After using the micellar water, my skin was smooth to the touch.

1 Minute Hair Mask

Katya

Since my hair is very frizzy, I wanted to calm it down with the “Smoothing Treat” which includes avocado abstract. I love the feeling of putting something natural in my hair knowing it’s only going to help it and not hurt it. The hair mask left my hair smelling fresh and feeling soft. It’s a great little pick-me-up for your weekly hair routine.

Nia

As someone with very dry hair, I opted to use the coconut extract nourishing hair mask as a leave-in conditioner. I was pleasantly surprised by this product! I add leave-in products to my hair daily because it soaks up moisture pretty quickly. I was happy to find that my hair stayed relatively conditioned all day. I’m a fan of the coconut scent and the hair-friendly natural ingredients.

Rose Mist Spray

Katya

The Facial Mist smells divine! After spraying it, the subtle smell of roses linger and leaves you feeling clean and refreshed. A lot of product come out in one spray, so I suggest holding it further away from your face than you would other mists. Overall, it left my skin feeling fresh and smelling great.

Nia

I was a little skeptical about trying the rose water facial mist: after all, the last thing someone with somewhat oily skin wants is to add moisture. However, this spray hydrated my skin without making it feel sticky or oily. After rubbing it in a little, this product also made my skin feel very smooth. The subtle rose scent was a great wake up for my face.

Final Thoughts

Katya

I love these products. They leave me feeling natural and refreshed after a long day at school. The hair mask gives me the perfect chance to have a little “me” time, and the micellar water and the mist made my skin feel cool and fresh in my stuffy dorm room. It’s nice to treat yourself once in a while, and after working hard all week, this was a nice break.

Nia

I actually enjoyed these products. Perhaps my favorite was the hair mask, as I could easily add that to my daily hair routine. I find it really appealing that Garnier uses a lot of natural ingredients in their products and is conscious of sustainability because I am always looking for ways to be more friendly to my body and the environment. This was a really fun experience and inspired me to beauty responsibly.

Nia Beckett

Northeastern '22

Nia is a second-year journalism major with a global fashion studies minor at Northeastern University. She loves Carrie Bradshaw, YouTube, and chai tea lattes. Follow her on Instagram @niashalise_.
Katya Awar

Northeastern '22

I'm a Senior at Northeastern University majoring in Media and Screen Studies and minoring in English and Musical Theater. I hope to be a screenwriter one day!
Xandie Kuenning is the Career Editor at Her Campus and a graduate of Northeastern University with a Bachelor's in International Affairs and minors in Journalism and Psychology. She is an avid traveler with a goal to join the Travelers' Century Club. When not gallivanting around the world, she can be found reading about fairytales or Eurasian politics, baking up a storm, or watching dangerous amounts of Netflix. Follow her on Instagram @AKing1917 and on Twitter @XKuenning.