Style > Beauty

Give Your Skin some TLC this Spring Break with InnisFree

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It is spring break season which means that warm weather is on the way! This is the perfect time to prepare your skin for the changing weather by switching out heavier winter products for more lightweight ones.

You may have heard of InnisFree, a popular Korean Skincare brand, known for harvesting their ingredients from Jeju Island. InnisFree has sent us some samples of products from their green tea skincare collection to try out for the springtime and I’ll be sharing my thoughts with you below!

This is the packet we received, which contains 1 My Real Squeeze Mask Green Tea, and samples of their Intensive Hydrating Serum With Green Tea Seed, Intensive Hydrating Eye Cream With Green Tea Seed, and Intensive Hydrating Cream With Green Tea Seed.

Benefits:

My Real Squeeze Mask Green Tea:

• Provides lightweight hydration for “moisturized and supple skin”
  • Mask is made out of eco-friendly eucalyptus fibers

Intensive Hydrating Serum With Green Tea Seed:

• Locks in hydration with a balance of amino acids, minerals, green tea seed oil, and green tea extract
  • “Helps replenish essential moisture to skin, supporting a look of natural resilience, suppleness and a super-soft feel”

Intensive Hydrating Eye Cream With Green Tea Seed:

• Moisturizes and hydrates the delicate skin around the eyes with green tea extract and green tea seed oil
  • Helps “skin look naturally more resilient and supple”

Intensive Hydrating Cream With Green Tea Seed:

• Replenishes skin to an ideal moisture level
  • The “green tea extract and green tea seed oil helps replenish essential moisture to skin”

My Skin Type:

I would classify my skincare type as normal to oily that is prone to occasional blemishes and hyperpigmentation from acne scarring. I tend to look for skincare products that are lightweight or water-based to give my skin hydration without clogging my pores.

Thoughts:

My Real Squeeze Mask Green Tea

This sheet mask felt great on my skin! It brings a cooling and refreshing sensation while it is on, and the mask itself feels comfortable on the skin and isn’t dripping with product. After I took it off it left my skin feeling hydrated and supple. In particular, I did notice the benefits of this mask after using it as my skin felt refreshed. Sheet masks are always a nice pick-me-up for your skin!

Intensive Hydrating Serum With Green Tea Seed

Serums are a great way to help out your skin for any problem areas. As I have normal to oily skin, a hydrating serum is not one that I would usually reach for, but I was pleasantly surprised as this one sunk into my skin pretty quickly and left my skin feeling nourished. I also noticed that it did help my skin retain its moisture level throughout the day, as a result making it less oily.

Intensive Hydrating Eye Cream With Green Tea Seed

The main thing that I enjoyed about this eye cream was how it sunk into my skin and not only left my undereyes feeling more hydrated, but also more smooth to the touch. I liked how lightweight it was and it made me feel comfortable wearing makeup on top of it without getting any creases under my eyes.

Intensive Hydrating Cream With Green Tea Seed

This hydrating cream was a thicker consistency than I am used to and I did notice that it took a longer time to sink into my skin. I still enjoyed using this product though as when it did sink in. It felt like the moisture was really locked in from both this and the serum. Although it was a thicker cream and I would probably use it at night, I think I would still reach for it on windy days where my skin is more likely to feel stripped.

Final Review:

Overall, these products all left my skin feeling nourished and hydrated throughout the whole day. My particular favorite was the My Real Squeeze Mask Green Tea as it not only made my skin feel hydrated, but also refreshed. I also really enjoyed the serum as I felt that it really did make a difference in the oil production of my skin over the course of the day. I was pleasantly surprised with how hydrated and smooth my skin felt not just immediately after, but throughout the whole day. Trying out new products is always fun and my skin definitely enjoyed these green tea skincare products from InnisFree. They left my skin feeling nourished, hydrated, and ready for some warmer spring weather!

Emily Pillay

Northeastern '22

Emily is a first year at Northeastern University studying computer science and cognitive psychology. Hobbies of hers include sipping earl grey tea, going on long walks, and experimenting with makeup.
Nia Beckett

Northeastern '22

Nia is a second-year journalism major with a global fashion studies minor at Northeastern University. She loves Carrie Bradshaw, YouTube, and chai tea lattes. Follow her on Instagram @niashalise_.