Five Fall Fashions Every Collegiette Needs this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

This year, fall is all about bringing back the classics and staying chic. As we near the colder weather, stock up on these delights to look comfortably cozy in the cold this season. 

Cropped trousers – This chic Audrey Hepburn look is back for fall, and we couldn’t be happier. Try this classic look in fall-appropriate colors like forest green or french navy. Get the look here. 

[pagebreak]

Floppy Felt Hats – Try glamming up a basic tee and jeans with a classic felt hat. Get the look here.

[pagebreak]

Oxblood – No, we’re not talking literally about blood from an ox, but rather this new shade of red. Think red wine, and if you like to be daring try it in a lipstick shade. Get the look here

[pagebreak]

The not-so-classic loafer – A fresh alternative to flats that can be paired with almost anything for a fashionable and feminine look. Get the look here.

[pagebreak]

Tweed blazers –Chanel’s iconic look makes a comeback as the must have jacket with this infamous boxy – but never frumpy – shape. Get the look here.

Rep photo

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!