This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Fall is my favorite season for fashion! The weather is just right to wear cute and stylish outfits without having to hide all your hard work behind a puffy jacket. I have compiled a list of the five fall fashion staples you have to have this season:

Suede Skirt

A suede skirt is ALWAYS a cute outfit builder! It provides structure to a look while incorporating a softer, cozier feel with its smooth fabric. Cozy and cute is the perfect fall combination! Try going for a camel, black, or blush colored suede to embrace those autumnal colors.

Pair of Black Tights

Tights are great during Fall because they provide just the amount of warmth when you want to wear skirts and dresses without your legs getting too cold or dry. I really like black tights because they can go under just about every colored skirt or dress, and black tends to slim down one’s figure and add height if you’re on the shorter side!

Turtle Neck Sweater

A MUST HAVE! Not only are they super soft and comfortable, but they are also very chic. You can pair a turtle neck with a simple pair of jeans and cute belt or dress it up under a corduroy dress or skirt.

Teddy Jacket

Let’s be real… who doesn’t like teddy jackets?! A teddy jacket is a great way to stay warm as the temperature starts to dip. Not only is it helpful in preventing the oncoming hypothermia, but it is also a very versatile piece of clothing. You can really dress it down or add it as a luxe addition to a fancier outfit. 

Pair of Over-the-Knee Boots

Channel your inner celebrity by adding over-the-knee boots to your fall wardrobe this year. These boots are flirty, fun, and can be a great addition to so many different looks (think Ariana Grande, Blake Lively, and Gigi Hadid). If you want to be really ~edgy~, try pairing these boots with a leather skirt or leather pants. 

Rania Kalaaji

Northeastern '22

I am a current third year at Northeastern University studying marketing and supply chain management. I enjoy listening to music, watching sports, and exploring Boston. A fun fact about me is I am originally from Minnesota!