First Week v. Finals Week as Told by Buddy the Elf and The Grinch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

When school first started you were happy, confident, and optimistic about the semester!

Now with finals approaching, all you want to do is curl up into a ball and never leave the comfort of your bed.

Going out and making new friends was so fun and exciting!

Now you’d rather binge watch Netflix with your two best friends Ben & Jerry.

Your social calendar was always booked!

Now getting ready to go out in the freezing cold is way too much work.

You loved your roommate and thought you were going to be the best of friends!

Now after four months of living together you’re feeling a little like this

Getting a B on a test was serious cause for concern.

Now the mantra “C’s get degrees” has a nice ring to it.

You didn’t understand how anyone could hate the dining hall food, I mean ice cream and waffles every night right?!

Now you realize that the food hit its peak the first week but you still have a semester’s worth of dining dollars to use up.

You couldn’t wait to start dating handsome and mature college guys!

Now you realize they’re just older and drunker high school boys, and try to avoid eye contact whenever they start talking about their frat’s rager.

You signed up for ten different clubs, wanting to get super involved and meet a ton of people!

Now your email gets bombarded with meeting reminders and you think, “Oh, maybe I should go to that.”

But then never do.

You were so excited to go to class and learn!

Now when your alarm goes off for your 8 a.m., you can barely get out of bed.

Your coffee addiction started off manageable.

Now when you try and start the day without it…

Finally, December used to be the most magical time of the year!

Now finals have you feeling a little down for the holidays.

But don’t worry, soon you’ll be on a much-deserved break!

And you might even find yourself getting as excited to come back as you were during your first week here.

Lindsay Marum

Northeastern

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: