This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Summer has ended and fall is back in session. Hello Pumpkin Spice lattes and everything else pumpkin flavored! As much as we may miss summer, we should make the most of this nice weather in the beautiful city of Boston.

Take a study break and go outside. Invite your friends and take a walk along the Charles River. Have a picnic, go kayaking. If you’re feeling brave, maybe go swimming in the Charles, although that might be illegal and you might grow an extra finger or two. Nonetheless, the Charles River is breathtaking anytime of the year and is a perfect place to wind down and relax. And did I mention, it’s a great place to take a new profile picture!

Dare to venture a little further? Hop on the red line and get off at South Station where you will be greeted by delicious food trucks (depending on the time you go) and swarms of people. You have arrived at the Financial District of Boston and maybe the potential home for your future co-op (looking at you business students out there). A few streets down you will encounter Boston Harbor and Fort Point, home of some good restaurants. And nearby is a popular hangout spot, The Lawn on D, that is worth visiting.

Boston has a lot to offer with its assortment of fine dining, museums, and shops, but don’t let that prevent you from checking out the city next door. Cambridge, home to Harvard, begins once you cross over the Mass Ave. Bridge. Home of the new millennials, thrift shops, and lots of cute cafés and vegan food options. If you ever go, be sure to find this alley wedge between two shops at Central. This is not just any alley, but one filled with artwork and colorful glass structures. Nearby is a really great concert venue, so be sure to check that out as well.

Victoria Tan

Northeastern '19

Hello! My name is Victoria Tan and I recently graduated from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. During my time there, I double majored in marketing and finance. You would most likely find me wandering through the halls of a musuem, or exploring different neighborhoods. P.S. I am always on the hunt for the best ice cream spots, so let me know if you need recommendations, or have any suggestions!