Early Overview of Democratic Presidential Candidates

Government shutdown, chaos in the Middle East, and climate change catastrophes.

Basically, the United States is being run into the ground by the current presidential administration.

While we saw some change in a more liberal, arguably more positive, direction during the 2018 election, the country has a long way to go. The fate of the political climate in the United States rests in the hands of the 2020 election, which is coming up sooner than we expect.

The severity of the political climate, however, has pushed many democratic politicians to step up and run for office. In an effort to send politics in a more liberal direction, or at least in a more centric direction, close to 20 politicians have put their name in the race for the democratic candidacy. Here is a rundown of the potential democratic presidential candidates:

Cory Booker

U.S. Senator from New Jersey Senate Democrats

Cory Booker, official portrait, 114th Congress.jpg

Pete Buttigieg

Mayor of South Bend, IndianaPete Buttigieg Official Portrait.jpg

Julian Castro

Former secretary of housing and urban development and San Antonio mayorJulián Castro's Official HUD Portrait.jpg

John Delaney

Former U.S. Representative from MarylandJohn Delaney 113th Congress official photo.jpg

Tulsi Gabbard

U.S. Representative from HawaiiTulsi Gabbard, official portrait, 113th Congress.jpg

Kirsten Gillibrand

U.S. Senator from New YorkKirsten Gillibrand, official portrait, 112th Congress.jpg

Kamala Harris

U.S. Senator from CaliforniaSenator Harris official senate portrait.jpg

Elizabeth Warren

U.S. Senator from MassachusettsElizabeth Warren, official portrait, 114th Congress.jpg

Marianne Williamson

Author and LecturerMarianne Williamson.jpg

[CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)]