yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Decorating Your Dorm Room for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Happy (almost) Halloween, my spooky sisters! I hope you have some scary exciting plans for Halloween and that your costume is all ready to go! Now that Halloween is right around the corner, it’s time to start decking the halls with spooky decorations that will up your Halloween game this season. My roommate and I both love Halloween, and we’ve been decorating like crazy. Here are a few tips for making your dorm room or apartment festive for the most exciting holiday of the year:

The first thing you have to do is to go out and buy pumpkins of all sizes. Pumpkins are perfect for carving into Jack-O-Lanterns or keeping whole for the rest of fall!

You can arrange these babies on your window sill, or anywhere else you see fit, and you’re on your way to having a Halloween spectacular on your hands!

Second, let’s talk about those door decs. My roommate made the most adorable door decs this year! All you need is some colored construction paper and scissors, and you can cut out pumpkins, bats and ghosts galore!

The last ingredient for a spooktacular living situation is a handful of fun streamers and sparkly decorations, and you’re set for a super festive Halloween!

Happy decorating and Happy Halloween!

Ilana Hirschfeld

Northeastern '22

Ilana Hirschfeld is a first-year student at Northeastern University, majoring in Environmental Studies and Political Studies. Originally from San Diego, California, she's excited to be starting a new chapter of her life in Boston!