December Events to Check Out (And Procrastinate Studying for Finals)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.
  1. Chrismukkah at SoWa

This is a FREE event throughout this weekend starting on Friday from 5-9 PM and continuing Saturday & Sunday from 10 AM – 5 PM. There will be decorations, music and a huge heated tent full of art, jewelry, and the traditional tables at the SoWa vintage market and classic Boston food trucks! The tent will be on 450 Harrison Avenue and a great place to stop by for an hour or two in between studying with your friends!

1. NU Hockey Game

This Sunday the NU Men’s Hockey Team is taking on Boston College at 4 PM in the Doghouse. Get your tickets on myNEU!

1. Pitchmas Classics

Next Friday, Dec 11, four acapella groups are singing holiday carols in Blackman at 8 PM. The groups are the Tufts Beelzebubs, BU Dear Abbeys (who always sing great at HC CFW Boston!), The Nor’easters, and The Girls Next Door. Get into the Holiday spirit fo’ free by getting tickets on myNEU!

1. NUDANCO’s & No Limits Showcases

Two of Northeastern’s best dance teams have their final showcases of the year coming up! NUDANCO’s is Saturday, December 12, at 3 PM and 7 PM. No Limits is performing Sunday, December 13 at 2 PM and 7 PM. Get tickets on myNEU!

1. Improv Aslyum at NU AfterHours

Also on Saturday December 12 is a free show courtesy of Improv Aslyum and the NU Transfer Student Organization in afterHOURS at 2 PM! NU Improv’d will be opening. This show is always really fun so try to check it out! Get there early though because it gets very crowded.

1. Star Wars Trivia

The Common Ground Bar in Allston is having two Star War Trivia Events at 4 PM and 7 PM on Saturday, December 12. It’s $5 a person and teams can be as big as seven people! You do NOT need to be 21!

1. Check out the holiday lights around the city

I have two options for this one. There’s the free version and the $15 one. The free one is strolling around Newbury Street, Fanuiel Hall, Boston Commons,  the Prudential Center, or the North End to see the lights strung up around the city. There’s a tree in Fanuiel Hall and Boston Commons. The other option is the “Winter Reimagined” exhibit on Bolyston Street at the Tower Hill Botanical Gardens.

1. Skating at Frog Pond

Frog Pond is open for skating in Boston Commons! Admission is $6 and skates are $12. It is really fun and you will probably run into some NU students along the way!

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (:
Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!