David Rabinowicz’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: David Rabinowicz

Hometown: Newton, MA

Year: Freshman

Major: Political Science and Philosophy

HC: Did you start out singing solo or did you start out with a band?

David: I started singing solo at bars and played with my friends Robin and Clara just for fun. But we met a mixer/producer named Joanne Phillips at one of the bars we went to one night and she offered us free recording time after she heard us play.

HC: What made you want to join a band?

David: We officially formed the band when we received Joanne’s email. Clara and I were in a band together previously and it worked out pretty well.

HC: What has been the most rewarding part about being in The D-Line?

David: Getting a free recording deal was great, but being able to play with my best friends is really fun. We work really well together.

HC: What do you think your greatest accomplishments at Northeastern has been?

David: I’ve only been here for a few weeks, so being able to find my classes without using a map is a huge accomplishment!

HC: Greatest Moment?

David: Eating pizza with Michael Dukakis! I had totally forgot that he even worked here. But I was sitting in a hall and I heard him say, “My name is Michael Dukakis”, and I turned around and my mouth just dropped!

HC: How do you balance schoolwork, playing music, and being a contributing member to your band?

David: We have a set time that we practice, so I already know that I have a commitment every week. We practice Friday afternoons. And I try to get my homework out of the way first, but sometimes I’ll take a break and play some music. It really hasn’t been that difficult.

HC: What advice would you give to freshmen about making the most out of their NU experience?

David: Do your homework. In high school, when the teacher tells you to read for homework, it basically means that you don’t have homework. But that doesn’t apply here. You really have to keep up with your readings or you’ll fall behind.

HC: What are you favorite things to do in Boston?

David:Busk on The Commons/ Anything on The Commons, really,  go to cafes on Newberry Street, music festivals and all of the concerts

HC: Any post-graduation plans?

David: I want to go to Law school, but I’m thinking of joining the Peace Corp. I really want to do humanitarian work.

Well there you have it, Huskies! What are you waiting for? Check out The D-Line now!

Hope Oje

Northeastern

My name is Hope and I'm a Communication Studies major. I chose to be a Communication Studies major because I love learning about different media and how each type affects the audience in a different way. Also, this major puts me on the path toward a publishing job, which is important to me. I was born in Oakland, California and raised in Richmond, California, but I've lived in South Jersey for the past five years. Some of my interests include playing tennis, watching tennis, and spending time with my friends and family.
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!