Dan Shores, 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Dan Shores
Age:18
Year at NU: Freshman, don’t hate Major: Mechanical Engineering with a Biomedical Engineering Minor
Hometown: Georgetown, MA (Not DC!)
Relationship Status: Single

Where you can find me: Slacklining outside of Shillman if it’s a nice day.

My motto: You can’t make a friend unless you talk to a stranger.

Secret talents: I can beat the cinnamon challenge. I won a glass of expensive scotch for doing it one time.

Where I can be found on a Saturday night: Either at the NUHOC lodge in NH, perusing Boston for a good concert, or playing some knee hockey with the guys in the Light Hall basement.

What I want to do after graduation: I’m considering going to graduate school for neuroscience, but if not that then I would love to live in a Nordic country like Iceland or Denmark for a few years. Not sure what I’ll do there, but I love that area of the world.

What I’m involved with at NU: I started the Biomedical Engineering club last semester with two other engineers and am currently Vice-President. We’re really trying to push administration to make it a major, and the club, along with being a great organization on its own, has really shown them that there’s a demand for the major. I also go on a lot of NUHOC trips to get some fresh mountain air and chill with some of the coolest people on campus.

Turn-on/Deal maker: Good mix of modesty and confidence. If a girl looks stunning while rocking the pants and long-sleeves on Halloween, then she’s got a good shot with me.

Turn-off/Deal breaker: Excessive texting

How a girl can capture and maintain my interest: Smile. I’m a sucker for smiles.