Creative Ways to Show Your Baseball Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Baseball is officially back, and after five long months of suffering through basketball, football, and hockey games on tv, I can now once again get my (almost) nightly entertainment of watching baseball and cheering on my favorite players. Being a born and raised San Francisco Giants fan in Boston, I love cheering on both the Giants and Red Sox, who thankfully don’t play each other very often. While going to actual games and watching the teams play is definitely the best way to support your favorite team, many collegiettes don’t have the budget or proximity to be able to do so. Instead, try out these ways to support your team as you watch the games on TV or MLB.tv for all of you non-East Coasters out there.

(Hat)

1. Clothing: If you don’t want to have the same jersey t-shirts as everyone else, stores like Target, Marshalls and Victoria’s Secret also offer their own baseball clothing accessories. If you want something more unique, try searching Etsy for handmade items like jewelry or hand-painted shoes with your team’s colors or logo. Feeling crafty? Get some fabric paint and a plain t-shirt to make your own baseball shirt or turn a baseball into a bracelet.

(Knit Earrings, Shoes)

2. Pet Apparel: If you have a pet, or even just a stuffed animal, you can always dress them up to cheer on your team with you. Even if you aren’t that big on baseball, just think of how cute your cat would look with a hat on it or your dog would look wearing a tiny jersey.

3.Baked Goods: Try baking something with your team’s logo or mascot on it to eat while watching big games. This is probably the best way to get people to instantly convert their favorite team to yours (or at least to cheer on your team for the next 20 minutes), because it means they will get to eat delicious baked goods.

(Cupcake, Fenway Cake)

4. Wall Decorations: One of my roommates is a pretty big Phillies fan, so in order to show our baseball pride, she and I have both hung our team’s pennants in the living room. You can also cover a wall with your team’s flag or iron fabric letters on your wall spelling out your team’s name.

5. Phone Cases: As collegiettes, we have our phone on us basically at all times. An MLB phone case would be an easy way to show off your love for your favorite team every day and a great way for your phone to stand out among all of the zebra print and instagrammed cases everyone else has. Coveroo has custom and decently priced cases available for most phones and tablets featuring all MLB teams. If a phone case is too much for you, change your phone or laptop wallpaper to your team’s logo or stadium instead.

(Giants Phone Case, Wallpaper)

Rep photo

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!