Colin Powell, Class of 2012 NU Commencement Speaker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Do you see each week’s campus cutie and get frustrated because you can’t find them on campus? There’s no way you’ll miss seeing this week’s cutie…unless you don’t have a graduation ticket.  

Name: Colin L. Powell
Nickname: General
Age: 65
Major: Graduated with a BS in geology from City College of New York and MBA from George Washington University
Hometown: Harlem/South Bronx, NY
Relationship Status: Married

Where you can find me: Giving the commencement speech at this year’s graduation, TD Garden.

Hobbies: Being a retired 4 star general in the Army, teaching Hillary about being Secretary of State, hanging out with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, formerly serving as the National Security Advisor, ROTC, restoring old Volvo and Saab cars

The senior superlative I’d most likely win: Most likely to have friends that can kill you with their bare hands

The best part of the White House: I’m not authorized to share that information

Pet Peeve: When people mispronounce my name.

Yankees or Red Sox?: I’m from New York…I’ll let you guess.

Who I’d call to bail me out of NUPD trouble:The President (of the United States, not Aoun).

A fun fact: I drove a car at the Indianapolis 500 and got up to 125 mph

A quote that I live by:Of all manifestations of power, restraint impresses men most.” -Thucydides

My most embarrassing moment: Maybe being wrong about that whole Weapons of Mass Destruction thing….