This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Remember how annoying it is during music festival season when that one kid is like the walking Wikipedia page for obscure band knowledge? Here is your crash-course Coachella playlist, a foolproof musical guide to becoming that kid (don’t lie, you know you want to). You already know about Arcade Fire and OutKast, so checkout these non-headliners to successfully transition from mainstream to “too cool for streams.”

For those of the pop/rock/indie persuasion:Seasons (Waiting On You)– Future Islands

No Destruction– Foxygen

Run To Your Mama– GOAT

Girlfriend– Ty Segall

Heavy Bells– J Roddy Walston & The Business

For those who like slick R&B:So Sick Stories– Ratking

Brain– Banks

Dontcha– The Internet

Glass– Young & Sick

Iron– Woodkid

The Worst– Jhené Aiko

Places– Shlomo

Miscellaneous techno and other genres I’m not music-savvy enough to identify:

After Rain Comes Sun– Solomun

Golden Arrow– Darkside

You’re Not Good Enough– Blood Orange

Steady– Guy Gerber

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!