Campus Profile: Ryan Lee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Ryan Z Lee

Year: Senior

Hometown: Plainview, New York

Major: International Business in East Asian Studies

Minor: Mandarin

Student Involvement: Founding Father of Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity Northeastern University Chi Sigma Chapter, Chinese Language Partners Program, and the Javy Consulting Network

Favorite Food: Sushi – Every and any type

Favorite Boston Location: Esplanade, especially the docks located closer to BU’s campus

Dream Job: President of the United States but will settle for Secretary of State

Any tips for an aspiring management consultant?

Take advantage of every possible opportunity you have to practice your problem solving skills and every networking opportunity available. Practice working through as many case studies as possible. Reach out to every Northeastern alumni at the firm of your dreams on LinkedIn. Attend Northeastern’s Business Advisory Club meetings. Participate in internal and external case competitions.

Northeastern is not a target school for job recruitment when it comes to top tier management consulting firms therefore students who are truly interested in working in the field of consulting have to really put themselves out their in order to get recognized by these firms.

As someone who has struggled to attain a full time offer from a top tier management consulting company, I’ve tried to help my peers and make it easier for other Northeastern students who are also interested in management consulting. I’m currently spearheading Northeastern’s first interdisciplinary consulting case competition open to both undergraduate and graduate students. I hope that this competition will be a platform for Northeastern students to be noticed by these firms, and eventually lead to these firms recruiting on our campus. If you are interested in consulting, I would suggest contacting my professional business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi about participating in the event!

Travel Bucket List: Istanbul, Patagonia, Bali, XinJiang (Chinese Province), Greece, Norway, and New Zealand

Best Piece of Advice You Ever Received: “Believe half of what you read, half of what you hear, and half of what you see.” Essentially no matter how you acquire information, even if it is through first hand experience or an industry report, you have to realize that there are always cognitive biases at play.

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: