Campus Celebrity: Colleen McCarthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

What is the L’Oreal Vichy campaign? Vichy is one of L’Oreal’s skincare brands that really understands that every woman is unique and has different needs when it comes to their skin.Most of us don’t even realize the little things we do each day that impact our skin even as young college students. All-nighters preparing for midterms, the stress of getting a co-op and some disgustingly greasy weekend brunches all can take a toll on your skin. Vichy products look to that and have created products that will give you #lifeproofskin. If you’re skin is looking good, you don’t have to use as much make-up and overall just feel more naturally beautiful.Tell me more about the event coming up on November 16 at Northeastern!Our Vichy Pink party is a fun way to de-stress before we all descend into finals and our ending days of co-op. Sigma Kappa is acting as ocampus host and we want it to be an opportunity for girls who are in the Panhellenic community as well as those who aren’t to network. They’ll also be a professional photographer there to take head-shots for those trying to keep their LinkedIn profiles classy (or hey start that career in modeling), make your own ice cream sundaes (#treatyoself) and of course lots of Vichy products to sample. There will be opportunities to purchase Vichy products (with a discount and free shipping!) as well and some awesome giveaways including a chance to win a Fujifilm Instax 8 camera (WITH FILM) and a special gift for the first thirty guests.How did you get involved?I’ve used the site InternQueen.com as a resource for the last couple of years to see cool opportunities around the Boston area as well as other cities. Last year, I got involved in a couple of Brand Ambassador campaigns the site was helping with. This year I was approached to get the word out on a couple new campaigns and one of them included the L’Oreal one. I was really intrigued by the brand’s concept and appeal to college females so I applied.What do you like most about the brand?I really like one of the brand’s taglines is “Don’t let your skin pay the price of your vice” .You don’t really think about protecting your skin while you are younger but it is really important to start. I started using their Idealia life serum for my daily moisturizer and I definitely think I look less tired, my skin has firmed and I appear more rejuvenated. Can others get involved?Right now was the brand’s trial with Brand Ambassadors on campus. I think that if all goes well they will continue to want a presence on campus’ so there will continuously be opportunities. You can also make sure you’re signed up here and following InternQueen on social media to learn more about other brand opportunities in the area!What else are you involved in at Northeastern?I’ve kind of dabbled in everything here at Northeastern. During my first couple years I was involved in variety of things.. honestly probably too many, from Husky Ambassadors, to Entrepreneurs Club to CUP. As I got into my later years I started taking on more leadership roles and started to focus on on certain activities. I started on E-board of HerCampus two years ago and also became a colony sister of the Sigma Kappa sorority where I held a the Co-op Outreach chair position.As a senior who has done so much, what is your biggest piece of advice for freshmen?I think most importantly it is not being afraid to try new things and step outside your comfort zone. Maybe go to a club meeting you find interesting without your best friends in tow or apply for a dialogue with a focus outside your major. Then when you find things you are passionate about also don’t be afraid to go for leadership roles. Most the organizations, clubs and even my last co-op were things I was a little scared to get involved with but I’ve had so many positive experiences because of those risks.

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: