Campus Celebrity: Austin Chen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Austin Chen

Major: Business

Hometown: Edison, NJ

Student Involvement: Nor’easters, Alpha Kappa Psi, Business Volunteers, SGA Academic Affairs, LEAD360 Mentor

Why did you join the Nor’easters?

Music and singing were a really important part of my life in high school, and so when I came to college I knew I wanted to join a singing group. Simply put, the Nor’easters caught my eye because they have such a badass style and sound that’s hard to resist.

What’s your favorite part about being a part of the acapella group?

Being able to make awesome music with such a talented group of people.

What has been your favorite event this semester?

Gigs are super fun, but my favorite event would probably be going to Rochester with the group to finish recording our 5th album. Singing in a professional recording studio was such a new and cool experience for me, and hanging with the group was super fun. I can’t wait for everyone to hear the finished product, and just to throw it out there, we started a Kickstarter to help release the album, so definitely check that out!

What’s your favorite song that will be performed at the Pitchmas Classics this weekend?

Definitely “Writings on the Wall” by Sam Smith because it’s so different from any song the Nor’easters have ever sung and of course, Anthony’s falsetto is just UNREAL.

Check out the Nor’easters at the Pitchmas Classics tomorrow at 8 PM in Blackman. Tickets are free on myNEU!

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: