Campus Celeb: Ariella Sharf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

The Northeastern University Student Government Association has selected Ariella Sharf as the January winner of the I AM A HUSKY Award. Sharf is being recognized for creating Heads Up for Charity, a jewelry company that incorporates fashion and charity by allowing the buyer to choose a charity that will receive a portion of the proceeds from each purchase.

While still a full time student at Northeastern University, Sharf has expanded Heads Up for Charity across the country and has recently partnered with donni charm.. Each donni charm scarf features a penny and an angel wing charm and also donates a portion of the proceeds to the charity of the buyer’s choice.

“Heads up is jewelry company which utilizes a penny on every product making each piece a lucky charm,” says Sharf. “We want to raise people’s ‘Heads Up’ to what is going on in the world and encourage them to give back in a fashionable way.”

As a recipient of the I AM A HUSKY Award, Sharf will receive campus wide recognition including an announcement at an upcoming men’s ice hockey game. She will also receive a prize package including gift cards to vendors across the city such as the Northeastern University Bookstore, Qdoba, J.P. Licks, Conor Larkin’s, Boloco, Wagamama, Johnny Cupcakes, TGIFriday’s, Boardwalk Properties and several more.

Nominations for February I AM A HUSKY Award candidates have begun! Those interested in nominating a deserving undergraduate classmate may do so at the Northeastern University Student Government Association website http://www.sga.neu.edu/give-feedback/i-am-a-husky-award/ by completing an easy and simple survey. 

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!