“Behind Her Eyes”: A Bingeworthy Psychological Thriller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

I began watching “Behind Her Eyes” completely by chance. I was initially intrigued when I read the summary, but due to its lack of detail, I wasn’t entirely convinced to start it. However, after watching the show from start to finish, I now understand that if they had revealed too much in the synopsis, they would have given important aspects of the show away.

The show follows three main characters: David, the psychiatrist; Adele, David’s wife; and Louise, a single mother and David’s new secretary. Right when David and Louise began their affair, Louise struck up a close friendship with Adele. The perfect timing of it all just seems a little too coincidental for anyone’s liking. David and Adele also have a very strange marriage that leaves viewers with an unsettling feeling in their stomachs. They may seem like an average married couple, but their past is shrouded with mystery — Adele’s parents died in a fire that David saved only Adele from, Adele’s teenage best friend Rob disappeared without a trace and David and Adele had to abruptly move from Brighton for an undisclosed reason. On top of it all, Louise seems connected to these strange occurrences through her nightmares.

Viewers are continuously left with unanswered questions as the episodes progress. We are left guessing who really is the crazy one in the relationship— is David convincing Adele and everyone around her that she is, in fact, psychotic? Or is Adele trying to paint David as the bad guy on purpose? 

The final episode is nothing I could have ever predicted. Plot twist after plot twist, the show comes full circle as every question is finally answered. We find out the true intentions of the characters and exactly how the paranormal activity ties into the plotline. Filled with suspense until the very last episode, “Behind Her Eyes” truly puts the saying “nothing is ever what it seems” to the ultimate test.

Kellie Woo

Northeastern '24

Hey! My name is Kellie, and I'm a freshman majoring in International Affairs. In my free time, I love driving and going on long road trips, listening to music, reading teen-fiction, and taking pictures.