Bad Dancing Saves Lives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

November 15th, marks the Northeastern University Dance Marathon (NUDM) 2nd annual event, which raises money for Boston Children’s Hospital. As a part of the Children’s Miracle Network, Northeastern is one of hundreds of colleges, who dance in with the hope of saving lives, in different children’s hospitals around the nation.

At the first event, I was merely a volunteer, but this year, I have had the opportunity to help orchestrate the event from the beginning. One of the best things about planning an event like this is the passion that goes into it. The money raised is used to help fund research and improve the lives of children at the hospital. Throughout the planning processes, we have met Miracle Kids, patients at the hospital who have recovered from cancer, birth complications, rare diseases, and more. Every person on this team is dedicated to the cause and we hope all the dancers are, too.

One of the greatest parts of the event is dancing with the Miracle children. The kids and their families enjoy the event just as much as the students. Another great part, which the kids also participate in, is the morale dance. Every dance marathon around the nation has a dance commemorating the entire event and showing off dance marathon spirit!

Does this sound like fun? Register with your friends and dance to themed hours, watch performances, and save lives! Find out more at northeasterndm.org!

Hi. I am a sophmore studying business with a dual concentration in marketing and management, as well as a minor in sustainable business. Outside of school I have a passion for sports, especially football (Patriots) and hockey (Bruins). I also love to bake, snuggle with my puppy, read and hang out with my friends.
Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: