kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Awesome Ways to Treat Yo’self This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

This year, in our Her Campus Survival Kits, we received cards asking us to celebrate ourselves and our accomplishments over the year! We asked around campus and then recorded the results. So many people reached amazing goals over the course of these past two semesters and deserve a little gift to themselves. Here are some ways we think you can #celebrateyourself this summer based on what you achieved. 

If you are training to push yourself mentally and physically for some sort of race/competition, or just want to focus on a healthy, positive mindset this summer, consider trying a free month of Crunch Live to stay in shape! Crunch Live is a website that offers over 70 workouts in all different forms and levels to be done anywhere. Whether you favor pilates or kickboxing, all options are there. 

Share some Chipotle using our “Buy one, get one Free” cards to get two burritos/tacos/bowls for the price of one! Food you love with the person you love. And you can put your savings towards extra guac. 

Here’s our guide to properly handling all your savings from being a working gal. Check out Nicole Lapin’s (who was featured in Glamour this year!) book Rich Bitch, for a how-to on budgeting, saving, and investing. It may be tough love, but you will appreciate it in the end. 

Northeastern has an abnormally long four month summer. If you aren’t taking classes, look into doing a small internship to gain experience for co-op and to make money for next semester. Currently, Chloe & Isabel, a jewelry brand, has a great opportunity out for college entrepreneurial girls right now! You can apply to be a GEM merchandiser to learn sales, marketing, and merchandising skills to plan for your career. In addition, you will receive major discounts on products, resume writing sessions, and more! Even if you don’t plan on making merchandising your career, the skills set you will learn about communications would be helpful for ANY path in life. 

Trying to pack light? Slip a boohoo emergency poncho into your carry on to protect you from the rain while sight seeing! Of course, ours are pink! 

Show off with blink tattoos! They are perfect for the beach and summer concerts. Use the promo code HERCAMPUSVIP until May 15 to ones from their awesome collections. 

Whatever you did this year, be proud of yourself and reward yourself for your hard work! Happy Summer Huskies! 

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: